Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Chicco

Chicco
77 Charles street
Seddon

Ah, exploration brings such joy to my heart! Yesterday was a leisurely walk around the South Melbourne area documented elsewhere, and Saturdays are beginning to stand out as when we get to know Seddon - plus those amazing organic fuji apples at Pompello, listen to that crunch!

Friendly staff greeted us at the door and showed us to our table. The cushions on the seat closest to the wall were made from some sacks and plants sat in threaded 'hammocks', suspended from the ceiling.
Padre Coffee. Not one of my favourites, but still creamy. And, well, I finally had my wish granted. My latte was served in a pretty coloured cup and saucer (I shan't discuss preferred colour combinations here), though interestingly enough, there was this odd feeling of unfamiliarity. Of not having a transparent cup gripped firmly in hand, and acknowledging the side grooves. Huh.
Something simple today. Some of the rocket was yellowing :/ Poached eggs were good though, helped by the smear of relish hiding beneath. I'm not familiar with pancetta, is it particularly expensive? There were four slices in total.

Mother seemed happy with the mushrooms, piled high above the plate. Despite being over three times my age, she's still easily amused/impressed, this time by the precision of the sliced avocado. You should have seen her when she discovered marshmallows, and spent a quiet afternoon twirling the gooey pillow above an open kitchen flame.

  Such a friendly, welcoming environment :)

Chicco on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment